Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Some simple "Can't Sleep" thoughts going into 2012

Been a while since I've done this. Lost the will to write after all the random blogs popped up over the SKC fanbase, most absolutely terrible, along with one of the best losing the head writer then turning into a total crock of shit. Regardless, I just haven't felt the bug to write much. But I can't sleep, rarely do, so I'm gonna think deeply for a moment.

We're going to lose Teal this year, I haven't a doubt about it now. Not talked about much, think only Gooch has mentioned the subject, but he's gotten a lot of looks now in Europe and the money is waiting for him. There's nothing we can do probably, but we can lock up CJ. Pay the man, keep him in KC indefinitely. If you want MLS to grow, you need to stop the bleeding of young talent running away. There is a reason why the KHL, the main Russian hockey league, is booming right now, all because they're paying their players similar wages to play at home. Pay him, lots of money, keep 17 in KC forever.

I look at the schedule, holy shit does it ever play into our favor? If we do not repeat as Eastern Conference regular season champs, the season is a disappointment unless we tear up in the playoffs/USOC. After that awful ten game road trip to start the season last year, no trips longer than two games is absolutely beautiful. Really only one true coast to coast trip this year, after we leave Seattle, we're done with the West for the entire season. We're done with the big bad unstoppable western teams in June, that seriously couldn't play in our favor any better.

From a constant away traveler's point, the two best looking road trips are Vancouver/Portland and NYC/Montreal. Four of the most cosmopolitan (see what I did there?) cities in North America and we even visit the latter two twice. I'd certainly traveling to Vancouver and Portland myself, hoping to get Montreal in there as well by driving the insane and stupid distance up there. I'd almost love to do US Independence Day in Canada and hang out with expat Americans in Montreal for the day along with celebrating Canada Day on the 1st.

I love Lot F. I seem to, part of the time at least, get stupidly drunk at the games and wander the short distance from the tailgate, under the bridge, into the gate, very easily. They move us farther away from the entrance, they risk various Cauldronites wandering into the West Stander's tailgates on St. Patrick's Day, where I will most likely ask them for a beer and a burger. Think about that move before you do it Front Office, just think of the potential complains of the unsightly hairy guy wanting to hear their best chants while slurring every word.

Bobby Convey is such a nancy. I've watched the guy go down easily, ask the ref for calls, make a bad tackle then try to act as if he didn't do anything, and fight his way through anything (see versus Chance at LSP last season BRAH). He is the Anti-Arnaud, the Kyle Orton of the team. He wants to get paid to play, do his job, move on. The man doesn't give a shit about the team most likely and has a long way to earn my respect, most likely never.

Three players who need Twitter accounts this year: The Dragon (imagine his smack talk against the week's opponent), Leapin' Larry (anyone with that nickname obviously has many stories to tell, especially after playing with the enigma team that is Orlando City), and first and foremost, BIRAHIM DIOP. First of all, the fact that Diop isn't my best friend depresses me enough. To not see the Smiling Man on Twitter makes it worst. He really is one of my favorite players on the team. The Diop Game Part Deux was 4 days after my 21st birthday. I was in such disbelief in his hat trick that I believed that I had drunken too much and was hallucinating. The man is the best influence in the locker room, so he needs to join his teammates on Twitter ASAP.

Every time I drive past LSP, I smile and feel so content in life. Every time I see a picture of RFK, I feel a bit of sorrow for the DC fans, then I remember how much they suck, and I move on. I seriously hate seeing MLS 1.0 still exist to a certain extent in New England and DC while the rest of the league has moved on to 3.0. Shocking how this is allowed but I believe things are about to change, DC easily, NE a little harder. The Don needs to force Kraft's hand and either convince him to build a stadium closer to the heart of Boston or simply sell the team off and let them flourish. I imagine someone in Boston would love to buy em and build em an awesome stadium.

I have nothing good nor bad to say about Bravo. A simple "good luck with Cruz Azul" is all there is to say. He made an instant impact, was a fan favorite, but always seemed to have his foot out the door to a certain degree. I don't know if he ever truly wanted to be here, never could mesh in. Just gotta say oh well and move on by getting someone better and younger.

Cosmos are dead, Cantona wants to be French president, I'm starting to feel that Pele has no idea what's going on, and where are the apparent owners suddenly? MLS needs to focus on fast growing, high tech, youthful cities. Top three for myself have to be Nashville, Austin/San Antonio (give or take, one or the other for now), and the Twin Cities. For the future, watch the Research Triangle. Those cities are booming at the moment and continue to grow plus they are all sports crazy. The Carolina Hurricanes have a great turnout and fanbase, along with all the college teams. They're going to pass Charlotte soon enough and become a major eastern metropolitan area.

Those are the thoughts, well, soccer thoughts going through my head right now. Probably about 10 of you will read this, I hope, so just comment and such. Enjoy the madness.

2 comments:

  1. Very diverse points you make. I totally agree on Bravo, he just didn't seem comfortable in KC (was I right about the move to Cruz Azul or what).

    ReplyDelete